Search Engine Optimization
Many business owners disregard SEO (Search Engine Optimization) because it can be difficult to master, but at PINK DOG DIGITAL we are here to help with this. Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the visibility of your website on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
The goal of SEO is to make your website appear higher in the search engines for specific keyword phrases. This is important because when properly utilized, users will be find your website in their searches, rather than a competitor’s website.
Our professional SEO team focuses on two primary areas of SEO.
- On-Page SEO
On-page SEO is what most people have heard of at one point or another. It is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
Here are a few examples of what some common on-page SEO tasks look like:
- Keywords – Identifying and implementing keywords relevant to the content on your page or posts to increase visibility in the search engines
- Meta Descriptions – This is a brief summary of an individual page or post. Google often favors meta descriptions that are unique and contain the keywords you are trying to rank for. This will increase Click Through Rates.
- Title Tags – Its primary job is to tell visitors and search engines what they can expect from the web page (in the shortest and most concise way possible). Title tags typically show up in the SERPs and needs to be optimized properly.
- Image alt. text – An alt tag is an attribute applied to images, which provides a text alternative for search engines. This can especially have a positive impact an ecommerce store’s search engine rankings.
2. Off-Page or Technical SEO
Off-page or Technical SEO has to do with major errors on your website that is negatively affecting your search engine rankings and visibility. We will perform a full audit for you site that will help us identify any technical errors.
These technical SEO errors can include:
- Broken images
- Broken links
- 404 pages
- .xml sitemap
We also utilize SEO tracking tools such as Moz, SEO Powersuite, Google Search Console and Google Analytics to monitor and keep track of any changes or problems that may occur on your website.
SEO refers strictly to organic traffic; that is, traffic that originates from free listings in the search engines. Traffic from other sources – paid, direct and referral – does not directly correlate to SEO.
PINK DOG DIGITAL Will Address Your Website’s SEO Needs
PINK DOG DIGITAL will review your content and make recommendations to make sure that your content best represents your services and mission. We monitor all of the latest search engine algorithm changes to create a site that is loved by the search engines. Additionally, we will help you with your local optimization through the use of map and directory listing. This is especially critical when trying to attract local business.
While some shady businesses may use illicit and unethical methods to deliver results, we never use black hat techniques. These tactics include link schemes, stuffing pages with keywords, using hidden text and embedding malware on pages.
These methods can be tempting for businesses, because they often deliver results in the short term, but when it comes to long-term results, these techniques rarely hold up. PINK DOG DIGITAL cares about the well-being of your company and would never engage in black hat activity that puts your company’s online standing at risk.
Instead of stooping to that level, we stay ahead of the curve by studying algorithm changes that may impact their businesses. SEO algorithms change constantly as google and other indexing sites tinker with their own methods. As a business owner, the last thing you need to be stressing over is a complicated algorithm shift that could potentially impact your bottom line.
Thankfully, we maintain an active online presence in order to jump the trend and keep your business at the top of the online searches no matter what algorithm changes may come along.